HUNTERS ECB Yorkshire Premier League North 
Premier Division Review 
Two of the HUNTERS Y&DSCL PREMIER DIVISION top three met at Malton where the hosts had the better of a high scoring draw against Sessay, although the visitors did enough to retain the league leadership. Skipper Ben Gill scored an unbeaten 122 as the home side built a total of 269-4, opener Michael Linsley also contributing 71. Mark Wilkie (38) and Matthew Till (37) got the visitors reply off to a solid start, but neither were able to go on, and Jacob Spencer scored 58 not out as the side closed on 230-6, Linsley (2-57) and Ryan Gaughan (2-42) ended with two wickets each, but this was a match which belonged to the batters. 
Folkton & Flixton moved closer on average points to top spot by chasing down a target of 255-8 at home to Hull Zingari. Jack Storey (43) and Tom Jones (32) got the visitors of to a seemingly strong start with 76 for the second wicket, Jones becoming the first of three wickets for Harry Walmsley (3-68) whose haul also included Gary Abdoll (39) but not before he and Faraz Dar (48) had put on 61 for the sixth wicket. Jamie Nesfield captured the final two Hull wickets to fall although did concede 50 runs from his four overs. Jack Storey (4-68) picked up four wickets in the home sides reply including both Harry Walmsley (44) and Jake Hatton (41) but some explosive hitting from Connor Stephenson (38no off 26 balls) and Jamie Nesfield (27no off 19) in the closing overs helped the hosts extend their unbeaten run to six games. 
There was no play possible due to rain between Whitkirk and Beverley Town who make up the top five, and it was a similar tale at Clifton Park where York were due to take on Studley Royal. 
Pickering’s two month wait for a victory was ended in emphatic style as they thrashed visitors Sheriff Hutton Bridge by 101 runs. Three batters made half-centuries for the hosts who recovered from being 9-2, initially through Jacob Stephenson (52) before Daniel Harper (67) took on the initiative, and his eighth wicket stand of 74 with Tim Whincup (50) got the side to 239 before they were bowled out, Nadeem Shefta (4-74) with a second four wicket haul in as many weeks and David Hull taking 3-45. The visitors slumped to 49-7, Kieran Bowes (3-39) and Tom Croot (4-30) doing the damage and only a stand of 54 for the eighth wicket between Shefta (23) and Nadeem Bird (29) saved their side from an even more substantial defeat. 
Welton climbed out of the relegation places thanks to a six wicket win over fellow strugglers Goole Town. Opener Ben Shelton top scored for the visitors with 35 before becoming the second of four wickets for Ollie Thane (4-35). There were also three wickets for Matthew Wilkinson (3-11) including Louis Sugden (21) as bottom of the table Town were bowled out for 119. David England (4-27) took all four wickets to fall in the home sides reply including James Windeatt for 35, and it was down to Ben Wilkinson to score the winnings runs and finished unbeaten on 29 as the target was reached inside 26 overs. 
Report by Kevin Hutchinson 
Share this post:
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings